Tuesday 3 July 2012

A beautiful home in Tampa...

Today I am going to take you to the sunny state of Florida, to Tampa, where my aunt lives. My aunt has been a major influence in my life. She is one of the few who has so much talent and yet is humble, extremely confident, versatile, hardworking, a big DIY guru, a great cook and a wounderful host. She is crazy about plants and her garden that she tends to herself, has always been the talk of the neighbouhood. People would stop by her garden in the North east, admire the gorgeous flowers blooming...yes she is blessed with extra dose of green magic...

Some sneak glimpses of her home and garden...that I managed to click last week...

the pathway leading to her home is decorated with Crotons, some mini palm trees...


the red sisters interpersed with a kind of philedendrons


Assorted variety of plants...adding lots of color to the garden


By the main door...


Her foyer...


Another corner...an old abstract painting by me up on the wall with the green foliage giving the contrast...


Laundary room passage...yes on the wall is an old Warli painting by me...


Another one by me...christened as "Bhimanna" the Goatherder...

one of the guestrooms...


Notice the saree used as a throw to decorate the bed...my aunt airs her Kanjeevaram sarees this way...Simple and adds the glam quotient...All of the curtains, duvet covers, pillowcases, etc are hand stiched by her...

Hope you enjoyed the post...will share more in the next post.
Adios for now...
~Anpu



6 comments:

  1. Luved her home and everything

    ReplyDelete
  2. very preety house..loved all your paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. luv the paintings,specially warli style hanging.kanjeevaram saree really add more beauty to the bedding .cool idea .
    varnam-addcolourtolife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely paintings, gardens and handmade stuff by aunt :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the garden & the paintings

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice paintings and beautiful garden

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!